The Story Behind The Boozy Watermelon Lemonade
Summer calls for tall, refreshing cocktails. This boozy lemonade incorporates fresh lemon, juicy watermelon, citrus-forward gin and a spicy ginger liqueur for a little extra zing. Rosemary simple syrup adds a subtle herbal element and the final beverage is topped off with dry lemon soda.
It’s everything that lemonade should be.
- 2 ounces citrus-forward gin
- ¾ ounce ginger liqueur
- 1 ounce fresh lemon juice
- ½ ounce rosemary simple syrup (recipe follows)
- 3 to 4 1-inch cubes of watermelon
- Dry lemon soda to float
- Combine all ingredients except lemon soda in a shaker.
- Gently smoosh the watermelon cubes with a muddler or spoon.
- Shake well with ice, then double-strain over fresh ice in a tall glass.
- Top with dry lemon soda and garnish with a lemon wedge and rosemary sprig.
Rate This Recipe:
Rosemary Simple Syrup Ingredients
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
Rosemary Simple Syrup Directions
- Combine water and sugar in a saucepan.
- Add 7 or 8 4-inch sprigs of fresh rosemary.
- Heat on medium and stir until sugar is dissolved.
- Remove from heat, then let steep for 30 minutes.
- Strain out the rosemary. Store syrup in a resealable bottle in the refrigerator. It will keep for about 2 weeks.