The Story Behind The Banana 75
The classic ingredients of a French 75 are met with the sweet tropicality of banana juice. While Champagne adds a bubbly element to the cocktail, an added burst of CO2 takes this drink’s fizziness to the next level.
Clarified Banana juice Ingredients
- 675 grams super ripe bananas
- 3 1/2 grams Amylase
- 3 grams Pectinex
Clarified Banana juice Directions
- Preheat water bath to 65 degrees Celsius.
- Blend banana with amylase.
- Sous vide 3 hours.
- Add Pectinex and let it sit outside for an hour.
- Pour content through a sieve (do not apply pressure). If you don’t have a sieve, use triple layered cheese cloth.
- Transfer to a centrifuge container. Weigh the filled container and fill each of the other containers with an equal weight.
- Run the centrifuge at 4,500 rpm for 10 minutes.
- Remove the containers and carefully strain the syrup through a Superbag or a paper coffee filter
- NOTE: If you do not have amylase, you can simply cook the whole, peeled bananas at the lower temperature of 131°F / 55°C for five hours, and the natural enzymes will break down the starches present. You will notice that they become very soft, and clear juice begins to seep out of the bananas.