The Story Behind The Berrycello Cooler
A Salty Dog, which features gin or vodka with grapefruit juice and a salt rim, is one of those delicious cocktails that are unexpectedly, perfectly balanced. I decided to riff on it with some fig jam I had around the house, and added fresh strawberries to offset its tartness. Then, I added some limoncello for a lovely, slightly sweet note with a great lemon citrus backbone.
- 1 ½ ounces gin
- ½ ounce limoncello
- ¾ ounce fig and strawberry syrup (recipe follows)
- 1 ounce grapefruit juice
- Rim cocktail glass with salt.
- Combine all the ingredients in a cocktail shaker with ice.
- Shake hard to chill and combine.
- Fine strain into a rocks glass over fresh ice.
Rate This Recipe:
Fig and Strawberry Simple Syrup Ingredients
- 4 tablespoons fig jam
- 6-7 fresh strawberries, hulled
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 cup water
Fig and Strawberry Simple Syrup Directions
- In a saucepan combine fig jam, fresh strawberries, and sugar with water.
- Bring to a boil, then continuously stir to combine all ingredients.
- Fine strain into a heat-safe container.
- Allow to rest and chill in the refrigerator.