The Story Behind The Low Blow
This is a tropical reimagining of an Old Fashioned. To make one, substitute the sugar cube for a bar spoon of cane syrup and a bit of Caribbean pineapple liqueur. Yang still uses the classic Angostura bitters, but he also adds a dash of chocolate mole bitters to the mixture.
- 2 ounces bourbon
- 1/4 ounces pineapple liqueur
- 1/4 ounces St. Elizabeth Allspice dram
- 2 dashes chocolate bitters
- 2 dashes of Angostura bitters
- Garnish: orange twist
- Combine all ingredients in the glass.
- Stir, add 2x2 ice and stir again.
- Garnish with an orange twist.