The Story Behind The Hawaiian Gold Rush
Pineapple adds a tropical twist to the classic Gold Rush cocktail, which is typically made with lemon, bourbon, and honey syrup. The sweet, tangy juice plays beautifully off the grapefruit bitters here, too.
- 2 ounces bourbon
- ½ ounce honey syrup (recipe follows)
- ¾ ounce lemon juice
- ¾ ounce fresh pineapple juice
- 2 dashes grapefruit bitters
- Add all ingredients to a cocktail shaker with ice.
- Shake until chilled, and then strain over one large ice cube.
Rate This Recipe:
Honey Syrup Ingredients
- ½ cup honey
- ½ cup water
Honey Syrup Directions
- Add honey and water to a saucepan over medium heat.
- Let mixture simmer until honey dissolves, stirring occasionally.
- Cool mixture and store, covered, in your refrigerator.