The Story Behind The La Mandarina
Saccharine juice dispensed from questionable soda guns was the disappointing norm at bars across America for years. Now bartenders squeeze fruit juices to order, making simple, two- or three-ingredient cocktails where each ingredient shines.
La Mandarina is a sunny, citrusy concoction featuring the clean flavors of blanco tequila alongside freshly squeezed lime and orange juices. Tangerines are best, but any sweet orange — such as clementines, navel, or Cara Cara — will do.
- 2 ounces blanco tequila, such as Tres Agaves
- 2 ounces fresh-squeezed tangerine juice
- 1 ounce fresh-squeezed lime luice
- Pink sea salt, for rim
- Rim a Martini or coupe glass with pink sea salt.
- Combine tequila and juices in a cocktail shaker with ice.
- Shake all ingredients together; double strain and serve straight up.
- Garnish with tangerine twist.