The Story Behind The Cranberry Sauce Gin and Tonic
This fall-inspired G&T is a recent creation from Johnny Swet, co-owner and mixologist of NYC rooftop bar JIMMY at The James. This cocktail riffs on the crowd-pleasing classic using a seasonal condiment and an aromatic herb garnish.
- 2 ounces Hendrick’s Gin
- ½ ounce simple syrup (recipe follows)
- ½ ounce lime juice
- 2 heaping bar spoons of cranberry sauce (plus extra for garnish)
- Tonic as needed
- Lime wheel garnish
- Sage leaf garnish
- In a cocktail shaker, combine gin, simple syrup, lime juice, and cranberry sauce.
- Shake with ice for 10 seconds.
- Strain into a tall glass with ice.
- Stir in tonic water.
- Rub sage leaf around glass rim. Garnish with lime wheel, small dollop of cranberry sauce, and sage leaf.
Rate This Recipe:
Simple Syrup Ingredients
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
Simple Syrup Directions
- Combine sugar and water in a small saucepan.
- Bring to a boil and then simmer until sugar is dissolved.
- Let cool, and store in a cool place.