How To Make A Blood and Sand
This violently named Scotch cocktail was actually named after Rudolph Valentino's 1922 bullfighter film Blood and Sand.
Ingredients In The Best Blood and Sand Recipe
- 1 oz Scotch
- 3/4 oz Cherry heering
- 3/4 oz Sweet vermouth
- 3/4 oz Orange juice
- ¼ oz Lemon (Classically, not an ingredient)
Blood and Sand Directions
- Combine all ingredients in shaker tin.
- Add ice to small shaker tin.
- Shake vigorously, until tin is frosted over.
- Strain into chilled rocks glass with fresh ice.
- Garnish with a burnt orange twist and enjoy.