The Story Behind The Autumn Sparkler
Sparkling cocktails always feel festive, no matter the occasion. This seasonally inspired drink features Calvados, sparkling wine, and pear juice. For an extra-festive touch, top your glass with a cinnamon stick.
- 1 ounce Calvados, such as Boulard Grand Solage Calvados Pays d'Auge
- 1 ounce pear juice
- Domestic brut sparkling wine, such as Wente Vineyards Small Lot Brut
- 1 cinnamon stick
- Combine Calvados and pear juice in a cocktail shaker with ice.
- Shake gently to combine.
- Strain chilled mixture into a Champagne flute.
- Top with brut sparkling wine, and then grate fresh cinnamon over the drink.
Rate This Recipe:
Related Reads & Recipes
More Calvados Recipes To Explore
The I Declare Recipe:
From Portland's Normandie bar and restaurant comes this cocktail with fall flavors like apple and cinnamon, plus a citrusy beer blast. Learn how to make it with this recipe.
The Calvados Negroni Recipe:
This festive, fall-friendly version of a classic Negroni swaps out gin for Calvados, an apple and pear brandy from Normandy, France. Serve it up!
The Autumnal Daiquiri Recipe:
Calvados, a French brandy made from apples and pears, brings fall flavors to this seasonal riff on a classic Daiquiri. Get the recipe here!
The Saon 75 Recipe:
The French 75 is one of the most revered classic cocktails. Switch it up by substituting a complex Calvados in place of the traditional gin.
The Calvados Old Fashioned Recipe:
Calvados, a French brandy that can be made with apples or pears, stars in this twist on an Old Fashioned cocktail. Get the recipe here.