The Story Behind The Wake Up Call
We are kicking off winter with a much-needed boost from our friend coffee. Alcohol and coffee go well together, so we came up with this twist on the classic espresso Martini. We beefed it up with some rum from Trinidad and some delicious smoked chili bitters, though obviously the real kick comes courtesy of freshly brewed Colombian coffee. Garnishing with lavender isn’t entirely necessary, but highly recommended. It gives the concoction a bright, clean scent.
- 2 ounces rum
- ½ ounce simple syrup
- 1 ½ ounces fresh espresso
- 2 dashes orange bitters
- 2 dashes smoked chili bitters
- Combine all ingredients in a cocktail shaker with ice.
- Shake hard to chill and combine.
- Fine strain into a cocktail glass.
- Garnish and enjoy!