The Story Behind The Too-Tempting Melon Spiked Popsicles
Let’s face it, there’s nothing better than a popsicle on a steaming summer day – except for a popsicle spiked with booze. I’ve been hosting a lot of cookouts lately, which means I’m buying plenty of watermelon and cantaloupe. Generally, I have a lot of leftovers, so this week I decided to put them to good use. To make theses boozy treats, puree cantaloupe and watermelon in the blender, add vodka, freeze, and voila! Melons are perfect for popsicles, because they add just the right amount of natural sweetness. Around this time in the summer, tons of different melons are in stock – including yellow watermelons, Tuscan cantaloupes and sweet honeydew melon.
Your friends will jump for joy when you slip them one of these boozy pops. If you want to upgrade this recipe, serve these pops in a glass of champagne for an extra boozy twist. This recipe is super versatile, so you can add your favorite booze if you’re craving whiskey instead of vodka. Go ahead – enjoy these spiked popsicles, we won’t tell anyone.
- 2 ¼ Cups Cantaloupe puree/juice
- 9 Ounces Watermelon juice
- 3 Ounces Vodka
- Popsicle molds
- 6 Wooden Popsicle sticks
- Pour all of the ingredients except the watermelon juice into the popsicle molds.
- Chill the popsicle molds in the freezer for about 20-30 minutes or until the cantaloupe juice is slightly frozen.
- Add the wooden popsicle sticks and freeze overnight.
- Add the watermelon juice to popsicle molds and put them back in the freezer to chill and set for 60-90 minutes.
- When you take the mold out of the freezer, run warm water over molds to loosen popsicles before you extract them.
- Serve and enjoy!