The Story Behind The Blueberry Sour
This delicious cocktail came to me when I was mixing up some drinks last week for a client. At the end of the day I had this amazing blueberry simple syrup laying around, so I decided to try combining with other spirits and mixers to see what worked.
Luckily, everything tastes good with blueberry syrup. But I think this sour celebrates the flavor best, as it’s not hidden behind complex spirits. The lemon juice balances the syrup’s sweetness, and citrus really brings out the blueberry flavor.
Ingredients In The Blueberry Sour:
- 2 ounces vodka
- 1 ounce blueberry syrup
- 1 ounce lemon juice
- 1 egg white
Blueberry Sour Directions:
- Combine all ingredients in a cocktail shaker with ice.
- Shake really hard to combine and chill ingredients.
- Strain out ice and shake again to smooth out concoction.
- Fine strain into coupe glass.
Ingredients In The Blueberry Syrup:
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- ¼ cup blueberries
Blueberry Syrup Directions:
- Combine all ingredients in a saucepan.
- Heat over medium-low until sugar dissolves.
- Let cool, then strain to remove remaining solids.
- It will keep, covered and refrigerated, for up to one month.