The Story Behind The Blueberry Sour
This delicious cocktail came to me when I was mixing up some drinks last week for a client. At the end of the day I had this amazing blueberry simple syrup laying around, so I decided to try combining with other spirits and mixers to see what worked.
Luckily, everything tastes good with blueberry syrup. But I think this sour celebrates the flavor best, as it’s not hidden behind complex spirits. The lemon juice balances the syrup’s sweetness, and citrus really brings out the blueberry flavor.
- 2 ounces vodka
- 1 ounce blueberry syrup
- 1 ounce lemon juice
- 1 egg white
- Combine all ingredients in a cocktail shaker with ice.
- Shake really hard to combine and chill ingredients.
- Strain out ice and shake again to smooth out concoction.
- Fine strain into coupe glass.
Rate This Recipe:
Blueberry Syrup Ingredients
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- ¼ cup blueberries
Blueberry Syrup Directions
- Combine all ingredients in a saucepan.
- Heat over medium-low until sugar dissolves.
- Let cool, then strain to remove remaining solids.
- It will keep, covered and refrigerated, for up to one month.