The Story Behind The Tiki Spice
This tiki-inspired cocktail eases you into fall with the spicy notes of cinnamon simple syrup. The seashell vessel is a fun way to stay bright and beachy, but can certainly be swapped out for a rocks glass.
- 1 ½ ounces rum
- ½ ounce lime juice
- 1 ounce grapefruit juice
- ¾ ounce cinnamon simple syrup (recipe follows)
- Cinnamon stick and edible flower for garnish (optional)
- Add all ingredients to a cocktail shaker and shake to combine.
- Strain over crushed ice into a rocks or decorative tiki glass.
- Garnish with cinnamon stick and edible flower, if using.
Cinnamon Simple Syrup Ingredients
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 cinnamon sticks
Cinnamon Simple Syrup Directions
- Combine all ingredients in a saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Simmer until sugar dissolves, stirring occasionally.
- Cool and keep cinnamon sticks stored with syrup to intensify the infusion.