The Story Behind The Autumnal Daiquiri
If you aren’t familiar with Calvados, it’s a brandy produced in France from apples or pears. It’s a great spirit to use in classic cocktails like this Daiquiri variation.
- 2 ounces Calvados
- 1 ounce lime juice
- ½ ounce honey syrup (recipe follows)
- 2 to 3 dashes aromatic bitters
- An apple, thinly sliced and fanned, for garnish (optional)
- Combine all ingredients in a cocktail shaker with ice.
- Shake for approximately 30 seconds to chill and combine.
- Double strain into a Nick & Nora glass.
- Garnish with apple fan, if using.
Honey Syrup Ingredients
Honey Syrup Directions
- Add honey and water to a saucepan over medium high heat.
- Simmer mixture until honey and water are completely combined.
- Cool and use as needed.