The Story Behind The Sparkling Purple Pineapple
This week I’ve been experimenting with French Vermouth and decided to create a sparkling cocktail with some tropical flavors. When concepting this drink I wanted to create something that was very refreshing as well as low proof so that it’s perfect cocktail for warm weather gatherings – when it’s warm outside, people tend to drink more than one cocktail.
In this cocktail the Cava is elevated with some fresh pineapple while the sweet acidity of the pineapple is balanced with a little French Vermouth. If you have a preference for sweeter cocktails you can add more fresh juice to this cocktail, but I think the proportions as they are make the cocktail quite balanced. You’ll drink these all summer long.
- 1½ ounces Pineapple Juice
- 1 ounce French Vermouth
- 3 ounces Cava
- 1/2 cup of ice
- Edible Flower for garnish
- Combine the pineapple juice, french vermouth, and ice in a shaker and shake until chilled appropriately.
- Strain into coupe glass and top with Cava.
- Garnish with an edible flower.