The Story Behind The Solar Spritz
Mezcal gives this bright, bubbly cocktail herbaceous notes that are beautifully offset by Pamplemousse liqueur, Prosecco, and grapefruit zest. The edible flower garnish isn’t necessary, but it’s certainly welcome.
- 1 ½ ounces mezcal
- ¾ ounce Pamplemousse liqueur
- 5 drops citric acid solution (recipe follows)
- Grapefruit zest and edible flower for garnish
- Combine mezcal, liqueur, and citric acid in a wine glass over ice, and stir briefly.
- Top with Prosecco.
- Garnish with grapefruit zest and flower.
Citric Acid Solution (courtesy of Cocktail Codex) Ingredients
- 100 grams filtered water
- 25 grams citric acid powder
Citric Acid Solution (courtesy of Cocktail Codex) Directions
- Combine ingredients in a bowl, and stir until powder dissolves.
- Transfer to a bottle dropper and store, refrigerated, up to six months.