The Story Behind The Oaxacan Ginger Toddy
Mezcal is a perfect liquor for a Hot Toddy, as you’ll still get smokiness and warmth from the spirit. Try this one that features chartreuse and heavy cream.
- 1 ounce Vamonos Riendo Mezcal
- ½ ounce yellow chartreuse
- 1 sugar cube (or teaspoon of white sugar)
- 1 bag ginger tea
- Heavy cream
- Add mezcal and yellow chartreuse to a 6 oz Toddy glass. Fill 60 percent of the way up with hot water and add a bag of ginger tea and sugar cube.
- Steep for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Remove bag and top off with more hot water.
- To garnish, float hand-shaken heavy cream over the top of the drink.
- For an optional garnish, grate dehydrated lemon zest over the cream.
Rate This Recipe:
Related Reads & Recipes
Learn About Mezcal
· Our always updated list of the best Mezcal to buy right now!
More Mezcal Recipes To Explore
The Electron Recipe:
Jordan Hughes, whose handle is @highproofpreacher, is behind this lively mezcal cocktail made with carrot juice, pink peppercorns, and cinnamon syrup, Get the recipe here!
The Pineapple Mezcal Sour Recipe:
The fresh, earthy notes in the mezcal pair wonderfully with the pineapple juice's natural sugars, while agave and lemon juice bring balance to the cocktail.
The Smoky Orange And Thyme Margarita Recipe:
Smoky, sweet, and fragrant, this cocktail is the perfect way to shake up your Margarita game (no pun intended), and is perfect for happy hour with friends.
R&D’s Hot Oaxacan Penicillin:
This Hot Oaxacan Penicillin contains classic components of both the Hot Toddy and the Penicillin, with ginger, honey, lemon, and hot water.
The Oaxaca Old Fashioned Recipe:
A little smoky and a little sweet, the Oaxaca Old Fashioned helped solidify agave spirits as a mainstay of modern cocktail culture.
The Mezcal Margarita Recipe:
Mezcal imparts this cocktail with a smokiness that tempers the citrusy and tart elements in a traditional Marg. Read on for the recipe!