The Story Behind The Oaxacan Ginger Toddy
Mezcal is a perfect liquor for a Hot Toddy, as you’ll still get smokiness and warmth from the spirit. Try this one that features chartreuse and heavy cream.
- 1 ounce Vamonos Riendo Mezcal
- ½ ounce yellow chartreuse
- 1 sugar cube (or teaspoon of white sugar)
- 1 bag ginger tea
- Heavy cream
- Add mezcal and yellow chartreuse to a 6 oz Toddy glass. Fill 60 percent of the way up with hot water and add a bag of ginger tea and sugar cube.
- Steep for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Remove bag and top off with more hot water.
- To garnish, float hand-shaken heavy cream over the top of the drink.
- For an optional garnish, grate dehydrated lemon zest over the cream.