The Story Behind The Pineapple Berry Bramble
One of my favorite gin cocktails is the classic Bramble, which is both delicious and gorgeous to look at, with the layered effect from the blackberry liqueur. Here, instead of using the classic crème de mure spirit, I made a raspberry-infused simple syrup to add color and sweetness. The pineapple juice adds some much-needed tropical vibes.
- 2 ounces gin
- ¾ ounce lemon juice
- ¾ ounce fresh pineapple juice
- ¾ ounce raspberry simple syrup (recipe follows)
- Mixed berry skewer with lemon peel to garnish (optional)
- Add all ingredients except simple syrup to a cocktail shaker with ice.
- Shake to combine, and then strain over crushed ice into a Collins glass (or a beer glass, if you've got one!).
- Add more crushed ice to the cocktail until a cone forms on top.
- Pour raspberry simple syrup over the crushed ice and add garnish, if using.
Raspberry Simple Syrup Ingredients
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup fresh raspberries
Raspberry Simple Syrup Directions
- Add all ingredients to a saucepan and simmer on medium heat, until sugar dissolves.
- Remove from heat. Once mixture is cool, strain out solids and store refrigerated, in a covered container.