The Story Behind The Painkiller
The Painkiller was first made in the British Virgin Islands with Pusser’s Navy Rum. You may notice it on menus with the numbers #2, #3, and #4 after its name; that indicates how many ounces of rum are used.
It’s essentially a boozier Piña Colada, and is sure to drown any and all sorrows.
- 2 to 4 ounces of Pusser’s Navy Rum
- 4 ounces unsweetened pineapple juice
- 1 ounce freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 ounce cream of coconut
- Combine ingredients in a cocktail shaker with plenty of crushed ice.
- Shake well, and then pour entire contents of the shaker into your glassware of choice.
- Top with generous sprinkle of nutmeg, and garnish with pineapple fronds and an orange wedge.
Rate This Recipe:
Related Reads & Recipes
Learn About Rum
· Rum 101
· Our always updated list of the best Rum to buy right now!
More Rum Recipes To Explore
Get our recipe for a great Daiquiri. Learn everything you need to know to make a perfect Daiquiri.
The Pomegranate Mojito Recipe:
Why should summer be the only time for Mojitos? This seasonal spin made with pomegranate juice, mint, and rum will upgrade your winter.
The Long Dryland Iced Tea:
Congratulations, you made it through dry January! Treat yourself to the biggest, baddest cocktail of them all-- the Long Dryland Iced Tea.
The Frozen Eggnog Recipe:
A chilly take on the holiday original, this cinnamon- and nutmeg-spiced frozen eggnog is served cold and easy to batch for a crowd.
Spicy Ancho Chile Daiquiri Recipe:
We've created an insanely delicious and curiously spicy daiquiri recipe using the newly released Ancho Reyes Verde liquor. You have to try it.
The Hibiscus Colada Recipe:
A spin on the classic Pina Colada, this tiki cocktail is easy to make at home. It combines rum, coconut yogurt, and homemade hibiscus syrup. Learn how to make it!