The Story Behind The Painkiller
The Painkiller was first made in the British Virgin Islands with Pusser’s Navy Rum. You may notice it on menus with the numbers #2, #3, and #4 after its name; that indicates how many ounces of rum are used.
It’s essentially a boozier Piña Colada, and is sure to drown any and all sorrows.
- 2 to 4 ounces of Pusser’s Navy Rum
- 4 ounces unsweetened pineapple juice
- 1 ounce freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 ounce cream of coconut
- Combine ingredients in a cocktail shaker with plenty of crushed ice.
- Shake well, and then pour entire contents of the shaker into your glassware of choice.
- Top with generous sprinkle of nutmeg, and garnish with pineapple fronds and an orange wedge.