The Story Behind The Pineapple Mint Sour
This Pineapple Mint Sour comes together deliciously because of all the wonderful, warm-weather ingredients — starting with freshly muddled pineapple. I’d originally wanted to use pineapple rum in this drink (because I’m a little obsessed!) but worried that would be overkill. Instead, I went with a delicious North Carolina gin I tasted while at Asheville Cocktail Week last week. Its wonderful bouquet and citrus-accented palate are accented here by just a little fresh lemon juice. And then I added some delicious mint simple syrup to balance out the flavors and bring another, tropical-feeling dimension to the cocktail.
Ingredients In The Pineapple Mint Sour:
- 1 ½ ounces gin
- ¾ ounce pineapple juice, preferably fresh
- ¾ ounce lemon juice
- 1 ounce mint simple syrup
- 1 egg white
Pineapple Mint Sour Directions:
- Combine all ingredients in a cocktail shaker with ice.
- Shake hard to chill and combine ingredients.
- Fine strain into a coupe glass.
- Garnish and enjoy!