The Story Behind The Spiced Royale
The balance of a light, dry red wine with some subtle effervescence is wonderful, and using those properties to take a cocktail to the next level can be really fun. After experimenting with a few different classics in mind, I found fresh lemon juice and homemade cinnamon syrup to be the best combination with Lambrusco.
- 1 ounce gin
- 2 ounces Lambrusco
- 1 ounce lemon juice
- ½ ounce cinnamon syrup (recipe follows)
- Combine all ingredients in a cocktail shaker with ice.
- Shake to chill and combine.
- Fine-strain into a cocktail glass.
- Garnish with a lemon peel or cinnamon stick, and enjoy!
Rate This Recipe:
Cinnamon Syrup Ingredients
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cinnamon sticks
Cinnamon Syrup Directions
- Combine all ingredients in a small sauce pan.
- Heat until sugar has dissolved.
- Allow to cool, 15-20 minutes.
- Taste for sufficient cinnamon infusion. If there’s not enough cinnamon to your liking, continue to steep.
- Remove cinnamon sticks and enjoy!