The Story Behind The Spiced Royale
I think Lambrusco is one of the most underrated wines in the industry. As with all products, there are cheap versions you should probably avoid; but a good Lambrusco is an amazing thing to find.
The balance of a light, dry red wine with some subtle effervescence is wonderful, and using those properties to take a cocktail to the next level can be really fun. After experimenting with a few different classics in mind, I found fresh lemon juice and homemade cinnamon syrup to be the best combination with Lambrusco.
Cinnamon Syrup Ingredients
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cinnamon sticks
Cinnamon Syrup Directions
- Combine all ingredients in a small sauce pan.
- Heat until sugar has dissolved.
- Allow to cool, 15-20 minutes.
- Taste for sufficient cinnamon infusion. If there’s not enough cinnamon to your liking, continue to steep.
- Remove cinnamon sticks and enjoy!