The Story Behind The Honeysuckle Negroni
I love playing around with unusual ingredients, and I’m always eager to try out ones that don’t overpower the rest of a cocktail. I recently made a honeysuckle simple syrup that does exactly that: It brings a hint of light, fresh, and floral honey flavor that enhances cocktails. It entices your palate for another sip.
I was worried about incorporating it into a classic Negroni, so I swapped sweet vermouth for dry. It came out beautifully!
Honeysuckle Simple Syrup Ingredients
- 1/2 cup fresh honeysuckle
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
Honeysuckle Simple Syrup Directions
- Combine all ingredients in a small pot over high heat.
- Bring to the boil while stirring continuously.
- Allow to sit for 5 minutes to infuse, tasting frequently to determine desired intensity.
- Rest in cool space, such as your fridge, for 10 minutes.