The Story Behind The Pineapple Negroni Sour
One of the most widely recognized aperitifs is the classic Negroni. After stuffing myself on Thanksgiving, I was craving something light to help with all the food I consumed. This Pineapple Negroni Sour is a great mix of bitter, sour, and sweet, which makes it a perfect cocktail to enjoy after a big meal! If you or your guests don’t care for the bitterness of Campari, you can substitute in Aperol, as I did here.
- 1 ounce Aperol
- 1 ounce white vermouth
- 1 ounce pineapple juice
- 1 egg white
- Combine all ingredients in a cocktail glass with ice.
- Shake hard to chill and combine.
- Strain out ice and shake again, quite hard, for 30 seconds.
- Strain into a cocktail glass.
- Garnish with an edible flower.