The Story Behind The Electron
There are a lot of different flavors zipping around in this energetic cocktail. Originally created by Chicago bartender Julia Momosé , the Electron combines earthy carrot juice and pink peppercorns with cinnamon and bright, fresh citrus. All these vibrant flavors mingle with the smokey mezcal, making for a pretty dynamic sipping experience.
- 1¾ ounces mezcal
- ½ ounce cinnamon syrup
- ¾ ounce fresh lime juice
- ¾ ounce fresh carrot juice
- 2 dashes orange bitters
- Salt and pink peppercorns for rim
- Grind several pink peppercorns into coarse sea salt.
- Rim a coupe glass with a lime half and dip into salt/peppercorn mixture, then set aside.
- Combine ingredients in a shaker tin and shake with ice.
- Double-strain into the rimmed coupe glass and serve.