The Story Behind The Electron
There are a lot of different flavors zipping around in this energetic cocktail. Originally created by Chicago bartender Julia Momose, the Electron combines earthy carrot juice and pink peppercorns with cinnamon and bright, fresh citrus. All these vibrant flavors mingle with the smokey mezcal, making for a pretty dynamic sipping experience.
- 1¾ ounces mezcal
- ½ ounce cinnamon syrup
- ¾ ounce fresh lime juice
- ¾ ounce fresh carrot juice
- 2 dashes orange bitters
- Salt and pink peppercorns for rim
- Grind several pink peppercorns into coarse sea salt.
- Rim a coupe glass with a lime half and dip into salt/peppercorn mixture, then set aside.
- Combine ingredients in a shaker tin and shake with ice.
- Double-strain into the rimmed coupe glass and serve.