The Story Behind The El Durazno
The earthy notes in tequila are a good match for citrus, as evidenced by the soaring popularity of Margarita and Paloma cocktails. At A Toda Madre in Glen Ellyn, Ill., Patrick Timmis gives blanco tequila a fruitier foil, combining lime and orange juice with peach liqueur and puree. The result is a pleasantly sweet concoction that’s made even better by a basil-salt rim (though store-bought sea salt will also do the trick).
- ¾ ounce lime juice
- ¾ ounce simple syrup
- ½ ounce orange juice
- 1 ounce white peach puree
- ¾ ounce peach liqueur, such as Giffard’s Creme de Peche de Vigne
- 1 ¼ ounces blanco tequila
- Salt, for rim
- Combine all ingredients in a cocktail shaker with ice and shake vigorously.
- Pour into a rocks glass rimmed with salt.