The Story Behind The Crossing Currents
"This tropical reinvention of the classic Manhattan may convince you that the isle of Ireland could have once been part of the Caribbean,” Joaquín Simó, of NYC's Pouring Ribbons cocktail bar, writes of this drink.
- 2 ounces Irish whiskey, such as Knappogue Castle 12 Year Old
- ¾ ounce white vermouth, such as Contratto Bianco
- 1 teaspoon Kalani Coconut Liqueur
- 1 dash Angostura Bitters
- Trimmed lemon peel, for garnish
- Combine all ingredients except lemon peel in a mixing glass and stir.
- Strain into a cocktail glass.
- Express a trimmed lemon peel over the top of the drink, then use as a garnish.