The Story Behind The Tokiringo
Despite being created in Austin, Texas, the Tokiringo — developed by Brandon Torres of The Roosevelt Room — seeks to bring Japanese flavors to American drinkers. Here, the Japanese whisky is washed with nutty brown butter, which adds a rich creaminess, and a tart, citrus oleo saccharum keeps things in balance.
The cocktail is given an additional layer of complexity with some sweetness and spice provided by the sherry and spice dram, making the Tokiringo the perfect cocktail for sipping fireside this holiday season.
Brown Butter Washed Suntory Toki Japanese Blended Whisky Ingredients
- 12 ounces unsalted butter
- 1 750-mL bottle Suntory Toki Japanese Blended Whisky
Brown Butter Washed Suntory Toki Japanese Blended Whisky Directions
- Melt butter in a pot over high heat, stirring constantly as the butter melts.
- When butter has browned, add the bottle of whisky to the pot, stirring to combine, and heating for one minute.
- Remove from heat and pour mixture into a food-safe storage container and freeze overnight.
- The following day, remove the whisky from the freezer and strain the contents through a cheesecloth to remove any coagulated butter.