The Story Behind The After-Hours Bloody Maria
Ari Dyckovsky, who runs the account @KeepItCrafted, collaborated with Goza tequila and Toma Craft Cocktail Mixers to create this drink for a NYC charity event. It comes together quickly and can easily be batched.
Rimming the glass is optional but recommended, especially if you use sal de gusano, the umami-rich Oaxacan worm salt traditionally served with citrus and mezcal.
- 6 ounces Bloody Mary mix, such as Toma
- 2 ounces reposado tequila, such as Goza
- ½ ounce lime juice
- 6 dashes of chocolate-chili bitters
- Agave nectar and flake sea salt or sal de gasano, for rimming glass (optional)
- Rim half of a chilled Collins glass in agave nectar, followed by salt.
- Put all other ingredients into a cocktail shaker with ice, and shake vigorously for 10 seconds.
- Pour into your rimmed glass over four ice cubes, and stir with a bar spoon.