The Story Behind The Tequila Sundial
With its bright color and candied tang, pineapple juice is an excellent cocktail ingredient. As with all things sweet and canned, however, it’s best to use a lighter touch.
This summery tequila drink comes to us from Natalie Migliarini, cocktail guru @BeautifulBooze and no stranger to pineapple's potential. She balances a relatively small pour of juice with tart lime, a generous splash of bitters, and Añejo tequila. The result is bright and fun, with just enough tropical sweetness to remind you it’s always summer somewhere. A lot like pineapples, actually.
- 2 ounces Añejo tequila, such as Los Arango
- 1 ounce pineapple juice
- 1 ounce lime juice
- ½ ounce simple syrup
- 5 dashes aromatic bitters
- Put all ingredients except bitters into a cocktail shaker with ice.
- Shake hard to chill and combine.
- Strain into a rocks glass over crushed ice.
- Top with aromatic bitters.