The Story Behind The Mexican Hot Chocolate
In this easy-to-make Mexican Hot Chocolate recipe, Don Julio Reposado’s rich vanilla and caramel apple notes complement spiced drinking chocolate. To whip up, add oat milk, chocolate powder, chili powder, and a touch of ground cinnamon to a pan, then bring to a simmer and strain. Add the steaming chocolate mixture along with a pour of Don Julio Reposado to your favorite mug, and settle in for a comforting treat sure to keep you warm and toasty throughout the night.
This cocktail recipe is sponsored by Don Julio.
- 1 ½ ounces Don Julio Reposado
- 8 ounces oat milk
- 3 tablespoons chocolate powder
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Hot Spicy Chocolate: Combine all ingredients except Don Julio Reposado into a pot and bring to a simmer.
- Stir and strain.
- Combine Don Julio Reposado and hot spicy chocolate into a mug and serve.