How To Make A Pisco Sour
While both Chile and Peru claim a deep attachment to the Pisco Sour, it is clear that this delicious drink was first invented in the 1920s in Lima Peru -- ironically by an American bartender.
Ingredients In The Pisco Sour:
- 2 oz Pisco
- 1 oz Lime
- 3/4 oz Gum Arabic syrup, can be substituted with Simple Syrup
- 1 egg white (optional)
Pisco Sour Directions:
- Combine all ingredients in shaker tin.
- Add a few chips of ice.
- Shake until ice chips are dissolved.
- Fill tin with ice.
- Shake vigorously, until tin is frosted over.
- Strain into chilled cocktail glass
- Garnish with Angostura Bitters and enjoy.
Yield: 1 Cocktail