The Story Behind The Mezcal Martini
Mexican spirits are Khan’s bread and butter, so it’s no surprise that his Martini variation includes mezcal and tequila rather than gin or vodka. A pickled jalapeño garnish adds a slight brininess and a kick to complement the smokiness of mezcal.
- 25 milliliters Tequila Ocho Blanco
- 25 milliliters mezcal joven (espadín)
- 25 milliliters bianco vermouth
- 25 milliliters distilled water
- Garnish: pickled jalapeño
- Premix the cocktail in a large batch and store it in a freezer set to 19 degrees Fahrenheit.
- When ready to serve, pour the cocktail into a chilled Martini glass.
- Garnish with a pickled jalapeño.