The Story Behind The Mezcal Martini
Mexican spirits are Khan’s bread and butter, so it’s no surprise that his Martini variation includes mezcal and tequila rather than gin or vodka. A pickled jalapeño garnish adds a slight brininess and a kick to complement the smokiness of mezcal.
- 25 milliliters Tequila Ocho Blanco
- 25 milliliters mezcal joven (espadín)
- 25 milliliters bianco vermouth
- 25 milliliters distilled water
- Garnish: pickled jalapeño
- Premix the cocktail in a large batch and store it in a freezer set to 19 degrees Fahrenheit.
- When ready to serve, pour the cocktail into a chilled Martini glass.
- Garnish with a pickled jalapeño.
Rate This Recipe:
Related Reads & Recipes
Learn About Mezcal
· Our always updated list of the best Mezcal to buy right now!
More Mezcal Recipes To Explore
The Fair Trade Recipe:
Inspired by a trip to Oaxaca, Amanda Reed's Fair Trade cocktail recipe combines smoke, coffee, chocolate, and bitter flavors using coffee-infused mezcal.
Strawberry Mezcal Flip Recipe:
What do you get when you combine fresh strawberries and smokey Mezcal? This delicious Strawberry Mezcal Flip Recipe. Get the recipe now!
The Division Bell:
The Division Bell is a mezcal-driven riff on the Last Word, replacing gin with the smoky agave-based spirit. See the recipe here!
The Mezcal Negroni Recipe:
Using the composition of a certain trendy Italian cocktail, the Mezcal Negroni proves how adaptable earthy agave truly can be.
The Smoke, Spice, and Everything Nice Recipe:
A bourbon and rye cocktail with a bit of mezcal and strawberry for balance, this boozy drink can easily be batched. Get the recipe and learn how to make it.
A smoky delight, the Southpaw features a mezcal reposado base and two types of sherry for a unique flavor blend. Check out the recipe here!