The Story Behind The Smoky Cranberry Mezcal Madras
The end of the calendar year marks cranberry season and cranberry sauce is set to take the stage at millions of dinner tables during the holidays. Casamigos Mezcal, sweet orange liqueur and fresh-pressed lime juice get a Thanksgiving-influenced, cranberry sauce-inspired tone in this seasonal riff.
Sugared Cranberry Garnish Ingredients
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup sugar
- 12 ounces fresh cranberries
Sugared Cranberry Garnish Directions
- Bring water and sugar to a simmer over medium-high heat in a medium-sized saucepan.
- Remove from the heat once simmering and stir in 12 ounces fresh cranberries. Let sit for 10-15 minutes.
- Transfer the cranberries to wax paper in a single layer, and allow to dry for 30-40 minutes.
- Once dried, pour remaining sugar mixture over cranberries and toss.
- Let sit and dry.