The Story Behind The Junoon's Mumbai Margarita
Situated in NYC’s buzzy NoMad neighborhood, Michelin-starred Junoon serves up creative cocktails to pair with elegant Indian fare. This Marg — crafted by head mixologist Hemant Pathak — features south Asian flavors and ingredients like fresh mango and homemade spicy rose syrup, which are perfect for sipping alongside the restaurant’s spiced paneer or fenugreek spiced chicken tandoori.
Pathak also adds green chili, cilantro, and garlic to the eye-catching salt rim for this sip, giving it a savory appeal. Topped off with a dehydrated lime wheel and mint sprig, this is a drink that’s sure to be a highlight of your summer drinking roster.
- 1 ½ ounces Patrón Reposado
- ½ ounce Patrón Citrónge Lime
- 1 ounce fresh lime juice
- ½ ounce fresh mango puree
- ½ ounce spicy rose syrup (recipe follows)
- Green chili-salt rim (fresh green chiles, cilantro, and a bit of garlic)
- Dehydrated lime wheel for garnish
- Mint sprig for garnish
- Combine ingredients in a cocktail shaker and shake with ice to chill.
- Strain into a chilled cocktail coupe with a chili-salt rim.
- Garnish with dehydrated lime wheel and mint sprig.
Rate This Recipe:
Spicy Rose Syrup Ingredients
- ½ oz simple syrup
- 1 jalapeño coin
- 1 dash rose water
Spicy Rose Syrup Directions
- Combine ingredients