The Story Behind The Blueberry Coconut Margarita
There are so many ways to experiment with a basic Margarita recipe. This version is inspired by one I had on the beach in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico, many years ago. The bartenders would use whatever fruits were fresh at the market, and either shaken or blended, depending on the ingredients used. I suggest serving this one over crushed ice.
- 1 ½ ounces blanco tequila
- 1 ounce lime juice
- ½ ounce blueberry simple syrup
- ½ ounce coconut cream
- 1 pinch sea salt
- Lime wheel and 3 blueberries, speared, for garnish
- Combine all ingredients in a cocktail shaker with ice.
- Shake to chill and combine.
- Strain into a Collins glass over crushed ice.
- Garnish and enjoy!