The Story Behind The Blood Orange Daiquiri
The rich flavor of Goslings Black Seal Rum pairs well with tart, dramatically hued blood orange — one of the first citrus fruits to come into season as the weather turns colder – in this riff on a classic Daiquiri. If falernum is not available, simple syrup may be substituted.
- 1½ ounce Goslings Black Seal Rum
- ¾ ounce lime juice
- 1 ounce blood orange juice (preferably fresh-squeezed)
- 1 ounce falernum
- 2 dashes Angostura bitters
- Pour all ingredients into a shaker, and shake vigorously with ice.
- Double strain into a coupe glass.
- Garnish with a blood orange wedge.