The Story Behind The Fiery Caramel Apple Hot Toddy
This apple-scented hot toddy has the flavors of spiced hot cider, and is arguably the most elegant way to consume Fireball Cinnamon Whisky. Apple brandy, such as Laird’s , provides the backbone, and using brown or turbinado sugar in your simple syrup creates caramelly undertones.
Hard-partying Fireball is, of course, usually reserved for shots. In this drink it is surprisingly subtle, with its cinnamon sweetness tempered by lemon bitters (we like Scrappy’s Black Lemon).
Like most hot toddies, this one smells boozier than it tastes, so twisting a lemon peel over your finished drink is optional but recommended.
Ingredients In The Fiery Caramel Apple Hot Toddy:
- 4 ounces water
- 1 ounce apple brandy, such as Laird’s Straight Apple Brandy
- 1 ounce Fireball Cinnamon Whisky
- ½ teaspoon turbinado simple syrup
- 5 shakes lemon bitters
- Lemon peel, cinnamon sticks, and thinly sliced apple for garnish (optional)
Fiery Caramel Apple Hot Toddy Directions:
- Bring water to a near boil.
- Meanwhile, combine brandy, Fireball, and simple syrup in a heatproof glass or mug.
- Top with water, and then bitters. Stir to combine.
- Express lemon peel over the top, if using, and garnish with optional apple slice and cinnamon sticks.