Wednesday, June 24th, 7:30pm ET
Join the Founder of Ten To One Rum, Marc Farrell, and VinePair Co-Founder Adam Teeter for an illuminating conversation on all things rum, and the ways in which the Ten To One team aspires to help reimagine the category.
Topics covered will include:
- Introduction to Ten To One & Guided Rum Tasting: Marc will share the inspiration for starting the brand, and a desire to “do something different” in the category. This will be followed by a fun and immersive tasting of both Ten To One expressions (White & Dark), also led by Marc.
- Rum Education Primer: Ever wondered what the difference is between white and dark rum? Confused about “Agricole” and “Molasses” or “Pot and Column”? We’ll provide a quick primer that allows you to stride, with confidence, into the category and explore its various styles.
- History, Culture & Rum: Tackling some of the common misconceptions linked to rum, and its complicated history, as well as views on how we move the narrative forward
- Versatility of Rum: We often say “Anything you can do, rum can do better”, and we’ll prove it by sharing some of our favorite serves, and a few great cocktail tips that will get you set up for the summer, and beyond!
- Rum Reimagined: A quick exploration of what it’s like to launch a new brand in the current environment, and the opportunities that Marc sees – as a founder – to shake up the category going forward.
Marc Farrell is a proud Trinidadian, and the Founder and CEO of Ten To One Rum. Marc’s unique combination of deep cultural ties to Caribbean culture and intimate knowledge of the U.S. consumer market, have propelled him to help elevate the conversation around rum, and bring an inspired new product to market. Prior to launching Ten To One Rum, Farrell most recently held a number of roles at Starbucks as its youngest Vice President, including eCommerce, U.S. Retail Lobby and Beverage Innovation.
Adam founded VinePair with Josh with one simple goal: create a publication he actually wanted to read in a space he was extremely passionate about. Since founding the publication Adam has become recognized as an authority on how to make the drinks world accessible to everyone as well as on the ever evolving media landscape. He is the winner of the Left Bank Bordeaux Cup American Wine-Tasting Championship and holds an MBA from NYU Stern.