The Story Behind The Twisted Holiday Cosmo
This holiday season is the perfect time to switch things up in your cocktail routine. Mixing up cocktails and mixing up recipes to create new traditions for yourself, family and friends is a perfect way to usher in a new decade. Why not do it with a throwback cocktail like the Cosmo, with a twist?
The traditional Cosmo recipe already has its festive flair, as it calls for cranberry juice. For the twisted version, we added citrus spice syrup to up the ante even more.
- 1 ½ ounces vodka
- 1 ounce cranberry juice
- ½ ounce lime juice
- ½ ounce citrus spice syrup (recipe below)
- Combine all ingredients in a shaker.
- Shake then strain into coupe glass.
- Garnish with citrus, clove, and cherry.
Citrus Spice Syrup Ingredients
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- ¼ cup mixed citrus peels
- 3-4 cloves
- 2 cinnamon sticks
Citrus Spice Syrup Directions
- Combine all ingredients in a medium saucepan.
- Simmer until sugar is dissolved.
- Cool and let ingredients sit until preferred flavor is reached.
- Strain, then use.