The Story Behind The White Chocolate Negroni
Based off the versatile Negroni template, this cocktail variation is actually closer to Old Pal, which features equal parts of whiskey, a red bitter like Campari, and dry vermouth. Here, the savoriness of the Old Pal’s dry vermouth is balanced out by the addition of a surprise ingredient — white chocolate syrup. The syrup adds richness and sweetness that complements the whiskey, giving an old classic new layers of flavor.
- 1 ounce whiskey
- 1 ounce red bitter liqueur
- 1 ounce dry vermouth
- 1 bar spoon of white chocolate syrup, such as Monin or Torani
- Pour all ingredients into a mixing glass with ice.
- Stir ingredients.
- Strain over fresh ice into rocks glass.
- Garnish with orange twist.