The Story Behind The Maple Apple
Even in the throes of the coldest depths of winter, the flavors of the Maple Apple cocktail will warm you. For this recipe, sliced apples, cider, maple syrup and lemon juice are blended, strained, and then combined with the warming caramel and spice notes of Crown Royal Regal Apple. Garnish each glass with an apple slice, cinnamon stick, and a sprig of thyme to top off this spirited punch.
This recipe is sponsored by Crown Royal.
- 6 ounces Crown Royal Regal Apple
- 3 Apples, sliced
- 1 cup Water
- 6 ounces Apple cider
- 1 Lemon, juiced
- 2 1/2 tablespoons Maple syrup
- 1 - 2 teaspoons Granulated sugar
- Apple slices, cinnamon, and thyme sprigs for garnish
- Process apples, water, cider, lemon juice, maple syrup and sugar in a blender until smooth.
- Pour mixture through a sieve into a pitcher.
- Stir in whisky and chill for an hour or two.
- Pour over fresh ice in a a rocks glass and garnish.
- Serves 5.