The Story Behind The The Venetian Sunrise
The Venetian Sunrise is deceptively complex, combining tropical flavors with bright, bracing notes from Italian amaro.
Fresh vanilla and pineapple juice are layered on a rum base to make you feel like you’re sitting on a beach in the Caribbean. A kiss of Aperol and orange bitters brings Italy into the mix and adds complexity to the otherwise light drink, while rosé simple syrup keeps the drink from getting lopsided.
A few bold, definable flavors, one radiant cocktail.
- 1.25 ounces of Aperol
- 1.25 ounces of white rum
- 1.25 ounces of pineapple juice
- .75 ounce rosé simple syrup
- 3 dashes of vanilla
- 3 dashes of orange bitters
- 1 dried orange slice garnish
- Add all ingredients into a cocktail shaker over ice.
- Shake for 15 seconds.
- Serve in a coupe glass.
- Garnish with a dried orange slice.