The Story Behind The Strawberry Gin Sour
I love using fresh ingredients in cocktails. When I came across a particularly delicious-looking pint of strawberries, I decided to mix them into a cocktail!
The tart lemon pairs really well with the berries’ sweetness, and I added some Dry Orange Curacao to give it a tangy citrus zest. Using egg white brings all the flavors into harmony, and adds a decadently silky texture.
Ingredients In The Strawberry Gin Sour:
- 1 ½ ounces gin
- ½ ounce dry curacao
- 1 ounce lemon juice
- ¾ ounce simple syrup
- 3-4 fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1 egg white
Strawberry Gin Sour Directions:
- Combine all ingredients in a cocktail shaker with ice.
- Shake vigorously to chill and combine ingredients.
- Strain out ice.
- Shake again to emulsify.
- Fine-strain into a cocktail glass.
- Garnish with cut strawberries. Enjoy!