The Story Behind The Second Date
My favorite cocktail book, the "Difford’s Guide," never lets me down. Among its many inspiring recipes is You’ve Got Mail, adapted from Dave Wondrich’s riff on the classic Airmail cocktail.
I decided create my own version, using fresh strawberries for a bright, clean taste. It’s deliciously balanced, and an effervescent Champagne float really brings out the beautiful aromatics. It’s the perfect drink to make for that special someone you want to impress.
Ingredients In The Second Date:
- 2 ounces Cachaça
- ½ ounce lime juice
- ½ ounce orange juice
- 1 ounce honey water
- 3 fresh strawberries, chopped
- Top with Champagne (or Cava)
Second Date Directions:
- Combine cachaça, lime juice, orange juice, honey water, and chopped strawberries in a cocktail shaker with ice.
- Shake vigorously.
- Fine strain into a cocktail glass.
- Top with Champagne.
- Garnish with strawberries.