The Story Behind The Pomegranate Mojito
I hate when great cocktails get limited to certain times of year. It gives me great pleasure to take an out-of-season drink and tweak the recipe a little to bring something new to the tradition.
The Mojito is a classic that certainly holds its own as a crowd-pleaser but, depending where you live, they tend to be served only a few months out of every year. With the simple addition of pomegranate juice, plus a beautiful seasonal garnish, this classic, summery rum cocktail suddenly seems perfect for holiday parties and winter sipping.
Ingredients In The Pomegranate Mojito:
- 2 ounces rum
- ¾ ounce lime juice
- ¾ ounce pomegranate juice
- ¾ ounce simple syrup
- 1-2 ounces soda
- 6-7 leaves mint
Pomegranate Mojito Directions:
- Combine rum, lime juice, pomegranate juice, simple syrup, and mint in a cocktail shaker.
- Shake hard to chill and combine.
- Fill a collins glass with crushed ice.
- Finely strain contents of your shaker over ice to remove broken mint.
- Top with soda water.
- Garnish with mint and powdered sugar.