The Story Behind The Pineapple Moscow Mule
As summer turns to fall, one of the best cocktails to help you make the transition is the classic Moscow Mule. But of course, I always try to give every classic cocktail a twist, so with this delicious libation I thought adding some fresh pineapple juice would harken back to summer while the ginger flavors usher us into fall.
- 1.5 ounces vodka
- 1 ounce lime juice
- 1 ounce pineapple juice
- 3 ounces ginger beer
- 3 dashes Angostura bitters
- 1 mint sprig
- 1 pineapple slice
- 2 cups ice
- Combine vodka with the lime and pineapple juices in a cocktail shaker and shake to chill and combine ingredients.
- Strain into copper mule mug filled with ice.
- Top with ginger beer and stir to mix ingredients.
- Add 3 dashes of angostura bitters and garnish with a mint sprig and pineapple slice.