The Story Behind The Lemon Basil Margarita
There’s no wrong season to drink a Margarita. This version, made with fresh basil and ample lemon, tastes like summer in a glass.
Andrea Correale, an NYC-based entertaining expert whose client list includes Liam Neeson and Mariah Carey, created this sunny cocktail. It uses fresh lemons and triple sec instead of lime juice or (shudder) sour mix.
- 1 ½ ounces tequila
- 1 ounce triple sec
- 1 ounce fresh lemon juice
- ½ ounce simple syrup
- 3 basil leaves, for garnish
- ½ sugar and ½ salt mixture, for rim
- Lemon rind, for garnish
- Rim a rocks glass with sugar and salt mixture.
- Combine all liquid ingredients in a cocktail shaker.
- Shake to combine.
- Pour over ice.
- Garnish with lemon rind and basil leaf.