The Story Behind The The Watermelon Margarita Recipe
There are few things more refreshing in the hot, summer sun than a slice of watermelon. Bubby’s, an American restaurant and bar in Manhattan, adds the fruit to its classic Margarita, plus a dash of sea salt to bring out its sweetness.
- ½ ounce agave syrup (2:1)
- ½ ounce Cointreau
- ¾ ounce lime juice
- 1 ounce watermelon juice
- 1 ½ ounces tequila
- Watermelon slice for garnish
- Add all ingredients to a cocktail shaker.
- Shake well and strain over ice in a rocks or Margarita glass with half-salted rim.
- Add watermelon slice to garnish.