The Story Behind The Batched Boulevardier with Basil Hayden
Equal-parts cocktails have a magical quality. You take three distinct alcoholic ingredients, mix them together in identical quantities, and the resulting drink arrives with pitch-perfect balance. The Boulevardier serves the best example of this formula when whiskey’s on the menu, and Basil Hayden proves to be the ideal bourbon for its base. Its rye-spiced profile allows it to go toe-to-toe with the bold, bitter, aperitivo, while that very same spice note keeps the sweet vermouth in check. Bottled at 40 percent ABV, Basil Hayden also allows you to enjoy this complex cocktail, which contains three alcoholic components, with less worry that the booze will blow you away.
- 1 part Basil Hayden (about 8 ounces)
- 1 part sweet vermouth (such as Carpana Antica Formula)
- 1 part Campari
- Combine all ingredients in a pitcher.
- Add ice and stir.
- Add one large cube to each guest's glass.
- Serve directly from the pitcher into glasses.
- Garnish each glass with an orange peel.
This recipe page is sponsored by James B. Beam Distilling Co. ©2021 Beam Suntory Inc. Chicago, IL