The Story Behind The French Quarter Fizz
The Grand-Chartreuse Monastery produces several exceptional bottles. Of its two core products, green and yellow, we like the yellow variant. Yellow Chartreuse usually plays the part of a modifier in a drink, but here, it’s the star. The liqueur is easy on the palate, has less alcohol than other liqueurs and spirits, and we love its principal flavors of citrus and honey — which are also ideal for blending.
This fizz blends Yellow Chartreuse with lemon juice, cream, simple syrup, egg white, and club soda. Edible flowers are an optional way to elevate the drink.
- 2 ounces Yellow Chartreuse
- 1 ounce lemon juice
- ½ ounce cream
- ½ ounce simple syrup
- 1 egg white
- Club soda
- Combine all ingredients, except soda, in a cocktail shaker with ice.
- Shake hard for approximately 30 seconds to chill and combine ingredients.
- Strain out ice.
- Shake again for approximately 30 seconds to further emulsify ingredients.
- Double strain into a Highball glass.
- Top with soda.
- Garnish with edible flowers.